Zoom is a well-known video conferencing platform that allows people to arrange online meetings and offers to join a video conference anywhere in the world.
Zoom has a huge number of users worldwide but it has several issues like other software. However, Zoom install update error 10004 is one of them. This error prevents users from establishing connections with Zoom services.
What is Zoom update error code 10004?
It is an error that users face when the Zoom client is unable to install an automatic update or fails to update, and users may see a message that says Zoom update error code 10004.Mostly, it happens on macOS 13 Ventura beta 5 and Windows users’ versions between 5.11.6 and 5.12.0.
Solutions to fix Zoom update error code 10004 on Windows and Mac:
Before proceeding with any method to fix the zoom error, ensure that,
- The Zoom server is active.
- VPN is disabled.
- Background-running apps are inactive.
- You are connected with a stable network connection.
If you are still facing this error, you may try other methods.
Solution 1. Update the Zoom client.
Updating the Zoom client on your PC can help to fix Zoom issues. By following these simple steps, you can update any available updates for the Zoom desktop app on your Windows PC.
- Click on the start button and type zoom in the search box.
- Click on the Zoom app from the search result and open it.
- Click on your profile.
- In the drop-down menu, select Check for Updates and If you see any updates, download and install them.
- After installing the update, restart the Zoom app to see if the problem has been resolved.
Solution 2. Reinstall the Zoom app on MacOS.
To uninstall Zoom on macOS, you can follow these simple steps:
- Open your Mac, select “Finder” from the top menu, and locate the Zoom application.
- In the “Applications” folder, find the Zoom application. It may be listed as “Zoom.us” or simply “Zoom”.
- Click the menu button, and then click Move to Bin from the context menu.
- Click on the bin icon and select the Zoom app.
- Now click on Menu and then click on the Empty Bin button.
- Restart your Mac now.
After completing these steps, Zoom should be successfully uninstalled from your macOS device and now reinstall the app from the official Zoom download center. Now error should be fixed.
Note: The uninstallation process may be different if we installed Zoom by using an IT deployment with a.plistdeploy.However, to uninstallation the IT deployment app we recommended consulting your IT expert.
Additional methods to troubleshoot the Zoom update error code 10004
If the zoom error code 10004 still persists, try one of our recommended solutions, such as
Check your Internet connection
Sometimes, a weak or unstable internet connection can cause Zoom Update error code 10004. To resolve the zoom error, ensure that your internet connection is stable and a reliable network.
Clear Your Zoom App Cache
Another solution to fix Zoom update error code 10004 is to clear the app cache. Sometimes the app cache can become corrupt and create error.
Update your operating system
If you are using Windows or Mac, You may face Zoom update error code 10004 if your operating system is outdated. So make sure your operating system is compatible and up-to-date to resolve the issue.
Zoom is the most popular platform for live meetings and is used all over the globe. Often, some users face errors, and zoom update error code 10004 is one of them. In this post, the Texas Tech team guides you through how to resolve these issues by using several methods, including updating the Zoom app, temporarily disabling security software, and contacting Zoom support.